EOS vs Conventional Fuel Cell Technology
NDCPower is pleased to announce our latest breakthrough technology - the EOS Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell
For many years, liquid fuel cells have been more of a research curiosity than a practical alternative source of power. While the promise of direct liquid fuel cells has been universally recognized, the inherent technical challenges are daunting. Many groped for solutions, with several companies recently claiming to have overcome some of these hurdles. However, closer examination reveals some sort of trade off that rendered the fuel cell system impractical or confined its use to extremely tight application bandwidths. In short, the bar to commercial profitability was never crossed...
To NDCPower , solving the technical challenge of developing a commercially viable Direct Liquid Fuel Cell technology offered the perfect opportunity to leverage our catalyst optimization platform and fuel cell expertise. We are proud to introduce EOS, our Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell Technology, that can be used across a broad spectrum of product applications in a practical and commercially viable manner. No trade-offs. Our EOS core technology provides the following benefits:
- Low Cost — Our patented platinum-free catalyst, simple balance of plant, stack architecture, and passive reservoir or pumped fuel designs ensure manufacturing costs that are an order of magnitude lower than what is currently available. NDCPower can now deliver the long awaited benefits of fuel cell technology to the mass consumer market.
- Scalability — NDCPower can custom build 1W to 250W EOS direct ethanol fuel cells for evaluation purposes within 90 days of receipt of customer purchase order. This allows customers to evaluate integration into a wide variety of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product lines at a realistic price and in a timely manner.
- Small Size And Weight — Unique NDCPower design architecture ensures user-friendly size and weight characteristics e.g.:
- 3W cell, dry weight = 250g
- 25W cell, dry weight = 1kg
- 250W cell, dry weight = 11kg
- Operationally Robust —
- Instant startup
- Operating temperature ranges from -10°C to 80°C
- Operating altitude up to 10500 ft.
- No orientation limits
- Operating lifetime >3700 hours with a decay rate of 40 μV/h with no catalyst regeneration required.
- Quantifiable performance characteristics
- Commercial Flexibility — Under certain conditions, NDCPower can pass on manufacturing rights to OEMs through licensing and royalty arrangements. We are happy to partner with your own in house research and development team or system integration effort to help get you started.